Saturday, July 21, 2007

hello out there

Wow... i'm actually going to do this huh? Well let me start by saying thanks to Kevin Alexander. he doesn't know me but I have been debating blogging for a while now and I happened upon his blog (This Writer's Life) and couldn't help myself anymore. I should back up and really introduce myself a little more but first let me say check out his blog- if you want to write, you like writers, or just love love Friday Night Lights you'll love it. http://www.writersdigest.com/writerslife/

Ok now onto me... I'm a part time (very part time at the moment) marriage and family therapist. Technically I am a resident in mft because VA (where i live) requires many many hours of work before I can claim to be a fully licensed professional. Of course now that I am mere months from the exam that will catapult me into a 5 figure salary (I'm serious here!) I have hit a wall. Suddenly I find myself no longer drawn to the work I have spent the last 8+ years training for. So what do I want to do you might ask.. well isn't it obvious! I want to write. Or I think I want to write. I'm about 95% positive that I want to do this and more importantly that I can do this. My hope is that this blog is going to help me sort my self out professionally and personally.

On the personal front, my life is quite good. Great hubby of 12+ years. He was my high school sweetheart and we married less than 2 months after my highschool graduation! Shocking I know but even though we look back and think "how crazy and stupid!" the truth is we work. I think we work so well in part because of how young we were when we started this crazy ride. We've got 2 cute kiddies (a boy and a girl) and 2 crazy dogs. Not sure how much else I'll say about the family. Part of my writing dilemmas stem from my desire to share some deeply personal life lessons. Not sure that's fair to B (husband) or the kids. I mean it feels unfair that I can't say all the I want in my writing but I don't' think it's fair that their personal lives become public (even in the this small forum) just because I'm having a quarter-life crisis and need to write about it. All in all I can't complain. It's a pretty great life. We fight, we laugh, we cry, we get bored and figure out how to shake it all up again. It's pretty cool. I guess having an easy time in my family life has freed me up to question my entire professional direction.

There's lots more to say. like how we might move totally across country in less than a year or that I have decided to take a "break" from my therapy work or the struggle to get myself working out so that I can rock this cute bikini in my closet by the time we go on vacation in August but I digress.
Do you ever feel like your life is rolling along fine but you stopped being in charge? hmm... i guess something for the next post. Thanks for tuning in.. here's hoping that this is the first step to getting back to me

No comments: